Sign in to follow this  
Aerineth(OD)

Overwatch Events - Proposals

This topic is designed to be a place to propose new events to take place in the division. Upon a proposal, a new thread will be made if it's a new proposal idea to discuss the proposal. Shortly after the proposal the Event Leaders will get together and discuss putting together the event and set a time and date for the first proposal.

This thread will double as a "Request for an Event" thread. While the Event Leaders will be putting together events themselves, other members are free to request specific events. As we progress into Overwatch, we learn more events we can host, and different types of rules we can impose on an event. All events are designed to be a fun experience for ALL members involved.

We need some of those sweet in house tourneys :). If we have the numbers that is.

We need some of those sweet in house tourneys :). If we have the numbers that is.

Mm, I had planned actually to begin hosting either an inhouse every week or two ever week. I'm afraid two might be a bit much, but at the same time.. I think a lot of people are having a great time playing.

As far as when I had planned on these, I wanted to try out the event for role switching and leadership roles first, just to see how it goes. Unfortunately I'll miss the first half of this one, but we'll make it work nonetheless. Baha will be here for it.

I'd start with one a week, and then once you and Baha get the feel for how it's going you can do two a week and just take turns as hosts.

I'm always more than happy to sub in as a in-house host if ya'll need help. It does kinda fall under my umbrella of Retention anyways. Gotta keep the members happy to keep them in our division right? Just let me know if i'm needed to host anything.

I believe the custom games that you have to use for in houses allows for spectating. We'd have to test but we could potentially have casters that use twitch and the spectator mode for in house tournaments.

I can bring my casting skills out of retirement.

I can bring my casting skills out of retirement.

That would actually be fantastic for events you don't want to participate in, or would just rather cast in. We can have you record and with the Youtube channel being created we can upload it to Youtube. It's not really that bad of an idea. I'm far from caster capability. Don't really have that ability. But having a caster for some (since I want you to participate in some of our events) would be nice to have.

As with the caster thing, If we can get footage to me I can help put together the videos as well. Maybe once a month or something as well we could find a way to do a tournement that you buy into ( something small like 5$) If we get 4 teams of 6 and each pays 5$ then youd have just enough to get one team a 20$ gift card for each person.

As far as recording any events that are held, I always record my games, and can record while spectating as well. I know some good free software that anyone can use.
Also, Scrim's against each other would be pretty fun. Could help us improve as well as some friendly competition, maybe some cheese!

As with the caster thing, If we can get footage to me I can help put together the videos as well. Maybe once a month or something as well we could find a way to do a tournement that you buy into ( something small like 5$) If we get 4 teams of 6 and each pays 5$ then youd have just enough to get one team a 20$ gift card for each person.

As far as recording any events that are held, I always record my games, and can record while spectating as well. I know some good free software that anyone can use.

Also, Scrim's against each other would be pretty fun. Could help us improve as well as some friendly competition, maybe some cheese!

It would be amazing if y'all would/could put together some OD gameplay videos for OW. I have access to the Communities youtube account. So if there's anything you want me to upload i'd be happy to do so.

I am going to create a new thread that will be open for people to post videos that they want in a video. Once I think I have enough videos, I can make an OD Overwatch montage that could be used for recruiting.

i think its about time we start putting together weekly scheduled inhouses. preferably we could follow the league example many of us are used to picking say thursdays because tuesday are for patchs i duno id have to think about that but the lack of inhouses id say inhibits our recuirts potential at the moment itll be benficial to them and to start searching for other acceptable talent it would be a resource for the competitive scene as well. ideally id like it tuesdays since its patch day but i think they patch in the evening so ill have to check that out

i think its about time we start putting together weekly scheduled inhouses. preferably we could follow the league example many of us are used to picking say thursdays because tuesday are for patchs i duno id have to think about that but the lack of inhouses id say inhibits our recuirts potential at the moment itll be benficial to them and to start searching for other acceptable talent it would be a resource for the competitive scene as well. ideally id like it tuesdays since its patch day but i think they patch in the evening so ill have to check that out

Couldn't agree more. And it's something that I wanted to start, however, at the current time, I've been.. preoccupied elsewhere. Azmavarim has recently decided to join Overwatch and expressed interested in specifically setting up weekly inhouses. Baha and I have both agreed to add him to the Event Roster. Should expect to see a post regarding inhouses soon.

Symmetra Dodgeball

-All Symmetras

-Can not use turrets / Shields

-Can not leave the objective point

-Can not use lazer beam

-Can only use the lazer ball

-Once dead must stay in the base until there is only one guy stranding from either of the teams.

-The dodgeball starts when the objective point opens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfjIL2k7D_0

Edited by Lena(OD)

Symmetra Dodgeball

-All Symmetras

-Can not use turrets / Shields

-Can not leave the objective point

-Can not use lazer beam

-Can only use the lazer ball

-Once dead must stay in the base until there is only one guy stranding from either of the teams.

-The dodgeball starts when the objective point opens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfjIL2k7D_0

This actually sounds pretty fun. i wouldn't mind hosting this myself.

Hey guys! I don't mean to barge in or anything, but being a new community member I'm just can't help but chime in.

First off, a cool minigame: Genji "Ping Pong" *The comments describe how to alter the cooldowns in a custom game.

But, furthermore, I'd love to help setup a Twitch stream for weekly inhouse streams. I'm a huge geek when it comes to graphics, video production, and animation. I'd love to collaborate with Biggbe to produce some Overwatch content. I've worked a lot with helping small startups create blogs so I've had some experience when it comes to Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

And a quick little thought I had... Overdosed merch? Why don't we have any clan shirts or hoodies? Or do we? If we don't, I'd love to post up a few quick designs based on what the community thinks.

Once again, thanks so much to everyone for helping keep such an amazing community alive!

Oh, a few more ideas for minigames:

- Tower Defense (A team of Torbjorns vs a team of...)

- Protect the VIP / Hostage games

- Cats and Mice (Tanks vs Tracers?)

- Hunger Games?

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! I don't mean to barge in or anything, but being a new community member I'm just can't help but chime in.

First off, a cool minigame: Genji "Ping Pong" *The comments describe how to alter the cooldowns in a custom game.

But, furthermore, I'd love to help setup a Twitch stream for weekly inhouse streams. I'm a huge geek when it comes to graphics, video production, and animation. I'd love to collaborate with Biggbe to produce some Overwatch content. I've worked a lot with helping small startups create blogs so I've had some experience when it comes to Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

And a quick little thought I had... Overdosed merch? Why don't we have any clan shirts or hoodies? Or do we? If we don't, I'd love to post up a few quick designs based on what the community thinks.

Once again, thanks so much to everyone for helping keep such an amazing community alive!

As far as videos and twitch etc.. while biggbe is the person i looked to for actual content. I'm the guy that runs all of our social media. e.g. Our monthly newsletter, twitter, twitch(need to set a new one up), and youtube account. If you want to contribute to any of them please send me a message on the forums and i'd happily work with you.

When it comes to merch. In the past we've dabbled in the idea of creating clan merch as well as division specific merch. When I was actively helping Lightningwovles run heroes of the storm as a co-leader. I was looking into creating divisional merch like personalized shirts and stuff. But it really comes down to getting the money to launch the merch and getting someone to design them.

Oh, a few more ideas for minigames:

- Tower Defense (A team of Torbjorns vs a team of...)

- Protect the VIP / Hostage games

- Cats and Mice (Tanks vs Tracers?)

- Hunger Games?

As for your mini-game ideas. I personally love the idea. It just comes down to whether we can generate enough interest with the member base we currently have. As we continue to successfully bring in members. We should be able to get the turn out for this less competitive type of events.

Good job scrie. Glad to see you getting involved in the community and your division.

For those that played URF in LoL, I think a custom game with damage increase and ult charge increase would be amazing. I also think we should do an in-house custom mode like URF, Symettra Dodgeball, or Genji Ping Pong once / twice a month separate from the regular Friday weekly in-house.

For those that played URF in LoL, I think a custom game with damage increase and ult charge increase would be amazing. I also think we should do an in-house custom mode like URF, Symettra Dodgeball, or Genji Ping Pong once / twice a month separate from the regular Friday weekly in-house.

i feel like this is a great idea. We should see how many people would actually show up to a custom only in-house to see if it's worth taking the time to host atm.