Sign in to follow this  
Aerineth(OD)

History and Heroes Information Acquisition

50 posts in this topic

This message will hopefully target some of the older members I've been seeing stop in lately, such as Fox or SnowWhite for instance. (I think I've even seen Moneybags stop in a few times the past week or so.) This is entirely optional if you wish to help, but it would be greatly appreciated to receive any help. :)
As some of you know already, in the past few months I had worked hard to bring our History and Heroes page up to date with current events. I did not get to the actual history section and spent most of my time actually reformatting the layout of the current Commanders and Generals, and added all current Commanders. There is still a lot to do on this.

I am formally requesting anyone with information of the past history of Clan OD to drop me a message in my inbox here on the site, on the forums, AIM, or get ahold of me in Teamspeak. I will take just about any information and edit anything that's given to me, and hopefully create a far more complete version of our history.

I know many of you are new to the OD atmosphere, but there are several members here who have been here a while. The more information you can share with me on the clan's history the better.

Also, this is a massive project, and I had attempted to tackle it alone, however it's not logistically possible with myself alone. I have found this out and am now seeking more help and information to help with this process. Many of you who submit valuable information that can be used to directly help with the project will be recognized in a Special Thanks for your efforts. I want to thank anyone in advance who wishes to help in the project and hope to see an in flux of messages in my inbox now.
  • Upvote 1

OK I GET IT.. no need to make this forum topic to guilt trip me on taking my time with the write ups :(

OK I GET IT.. no need to make this forum topic to guilt trip me on taking my time with the write ups :(

Lmao, well this wasn't targeted at you, but yea I do still need your input :P I actually made the forum post because I was hoping possibly Fox or Snow or Moneybags or any other ex OD member would see this and possibly be interested in helping. I saw Manifold came back possibly he'd be willing to shed some light on the past.

Then again.. if the shoe fits.. you may as well wear that bitch till it wears out. <3 haha love your Rob xD

• Upvote 1

I'll try to come up with some things to send to you. It's just a matter of me actually remembering because it's been such a long time. Not to mention all of the herbal medication I've been inhaling over the years. :rolleyes:

-Raged(OD) :D

Edited by Raged(OD)

Aerineth, I'll give you some homework if you'd like to add a loss commander to the history/hero's page. He was Commander Ex.Soldier(OD), I don't know much about him, not sure who he was but you might be high enough rank to figure out who this person could of been or what he was apart of? He was a commander with Chobo(OD), looks like he ended up leaving OD for to make a new clan and also demoted a lot because of DSL. I look in the logs in my spare time =)

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

Almost a month and no answer found?

Almost a month and no answer found?

I honestly wasn't able to find very much about him, nor did I see his Commandership lasted very long. Many of our current members weren't around at the time he was there, and even R.agnarok doesn't remember anything about him. It's difficult pulling information from that long ago when many of the member who were there at the time don't remember.

Also I haven't actually given up or forgotten about the History and Heroes page. College has bogged me down a lot with all the amount of essays English wants me to write.. I have another one due tomorrow as well as 3 chapters out of the book she's assigned us. And that's just English. Meh.

If Cky was still around you could ask him because I remember Ex.Soldier was his recruiter, but he was before my time. Try asking Portuguese. I know he was recruited a couple years before me, and may remember some things.

-Raged(OD):D

It been so long I forgot that The first clan I joined was Clan: W@R so that got me into b.net bot wars and one day ran across a clan with a website with a lot of awesome features I had not seen before. So I only joined legion cause of the website. This was also when I was able to switch to dial up to cable modem. Well I was tinkering in learning webdesign so I made on for darklegion it looked a lot better then what they had but slider was honestly ended up being prick like he was some Design god, I got pissed find a backdoor into the site via ftp cause he didnt even change the default password. So I took every one of his precious scripts and took his site down for a while. I didn't know anything about programming at that time and thats about when when me and shrap's first met. We both talked and he agreed to make the scripts and used clan DL scripts to use as a example. We had another friend don't remember his name he also got a copy of the scripts but he ended up selling clan scripts that he wrote. Later I posted them on on a torrent site doubt you can find it though. I had recently got the site hosting when me and my dad Started a Sign business. This was when it was a lot more costly to buy a domain and wasn't cheap. I needed a reliable that offered a lot of stuff so our hosting was $59.99 a month i think the domain name was $30 a year. No clue how i paid it cause even though I worked everyday it was pretty much unpaid. Anything for family. I don't recall how long it took us to get actual working site. I know we both busted ass for at least a month. We might have had a barebones version running so members could login. Not sure when cause I wasn't even age:21 but I didnt have internet when me and A X-gf moved in together. So Dropped of the map but still checked in and kept the paying keeping OD alive at least. Nicest thing i did was gave ownership of the domain over to someone else. Honestly almost kept it but figured I was to busy working,partying, or GF so even if I kept it I would never end up using it. Signed it over no strings attached plus a new domain would have done some damage to the clan. I should still get a damn free email address though but they don't want to count all the money I scrounged together in the beginning as my damn donation. Also DL's site stayed down for so long was due to me uncapping my modem with a firmware hack cause my top speed was 50KB/s after the hack i think it was 200KB/s. I have left many times with only two reasons (never home, and jail) so DSL ended with disabled. I dont need to be on the site im always OD and that will never change. I make sure I check on the site when I got some free time. Girls outrank OD nothing can change that. Send me any questions I'll try to remember if I can but I have a bad memory probably due to my love for using hallucinogens. It might have been a few years ago but I would do them again.

Oooh the mind of an older Commander, and a site founder to boot. :P

What I really need now, is someone to help me with the history. I'm sure you remember how to access it. I haven't forgotten about the page, but lately I've been so busy still. For instance today and tomorrow I have a 10-15 page research essay due in English that's literally worth 2 letter grades. Ulgh, fml. But second week of December, I will be able to have some free time to both work with R.ag on learning some php again, and hopefully get around to retyping the history we have with less grammar errors, applying what Newbcrack has given me on some history. Hopefully however, if you have any history you can add to what is already there, I'd love the help with that and then I'll go through it and add it. I'm hoping to add several years on to what's already there. It's really difficult for me though, because I wasn't actually here. I can begin working on the 2012 and beyond from my own knowledge.. but that still leaves roughly 6-8 years of untapped knowledge. Lol. Anyway, if you can add anything meaningful to what's already there, please message me it, and I'll get it together when I start getting at it again. :)

I've been here since 02. Not sure what kind of info you're looking for.

Basically anything relating to the evolution of Overdosed specifically. As you can see in the the history and heroes page, the history practically ends abruptly. Feel free to read over it and see if there's anything at all you can add so that I can get it incorporated so we can have more of a complete version.

http://overdosed.net/index.php?view=Heroes

I'll probably be removing the second General notations because if we're going to have the one at the top, there's no need for a second. I can however add a Special Thanks section for those that are willing to help me with adding information. :)

I took on this task knowing full well it's going to take a LONG time to get it completed. The history is a daunting task, as we have to account for nearly 10 years of information that relies heavily on older members that are no longer here. So the few that have anything to contribute towards more of a complete version will be greatly appreciated.

Old forum logs might be helpful.We have always had a message board. Honestly all I did was Make a idea come to life so I won't know much history. The real hero's are lots of members who keep improving the idea and the people promoting us everyday. Older members may have left but no such thing as EX-(OD)

Old forum logs might be helpful.We have always had a message board. Honestly all I did was Make a idea come to life so I won't know much history. The real hero's are lots of members who keep improving the idea and the people promoting us everyday. Older members may have left but no such thing as EX-(OD)

Well there was an Ex-Soldier(OD) however I honestly know nothing of him.

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) undisabled Private Disturbed(OD)  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) disabled Colonel n00b(OD) for Joining of another clan/left OD.  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) demoted n00b(OD) to Colonel for DSL Before site was done, Never logged In. Suspicion of joining [ds] and trying to use power in (OD)  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) setrank Vail_Knight(OD) to rank Private  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) undisabled First Sergeant Vail_Knight(OD)  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the Prisonner Of War  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the World war II Victory  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the Professional Development Ribbon  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the American Campaign Medal  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the United Nations Service Medal  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the United Nations Medal  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the United Nations Medal  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the Purple Heart  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the Distinguished Service Medal  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the Distinguished Service Cross  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander ChoBo(OD) awarded Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) the Medal of Honor  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) setrank Ryanl(OD) to rank Private  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) recruited Ryanl(OD)  on Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) setrank GOD(OD) to rank Private  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) undisabled Corporal GOD(OD)  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) obtained Private zeratul(OD) password  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) obtained Second Lieutenant tassadar(OD) password  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) setrank The-Hulk(OD) to rank Private  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) recruited The-Hulk(OD)  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) undisabled Private Darkzodiac(OD)  on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:00 AM

These are ALL the logs for Commander Ex.Soldier(OD) Beyond that, nobody seems to know anything at all of him. R.ag mentioned he got his rank but ranks were given out quite often back then. So there's no real knowledge of who's who or what someone's done, especially when the logs only show this. So yea, I'm not really sure anything about him.

I remember the name but me and chobo and his power hungry crew always ended up fighting so I wasn't around

You could try emailing him mokume80@hotmail.com

They is a lot of history, unwritten.

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

I can offer you a great deal of Counter-Strike related history. What would you care to know?

BTW ^ Formerly vicious(OD)

I can offer you a great deal of Counter-Strike related history. What would you care to know?

BTW ^ Formerly vicious(OD)

Hmm, division creation, the evolution of Counterstrike, and the eventual (I hate to put it this way, dont' take it wrong) and the downfall of counterstrike. That way we can get some history of the Counterstrike era of Overdosed. :) You can message me here in the forums if you'd like to get me it that way. I'd like to try to keep everything that's Clan wide critical, and the summary of the rise and fall of past divisions. Basically everything that's led to Overdosed and how it is today. :)

Honestly, the forums are probably your best bet. I can remember bits and pieces of history over the years, but nothing too important. I wasn't around when the CS community disbanded, but the game is 15+ years old. It was inevitable. FPS games have evolved like a million folds from 1.6. I'm actually surprised OD isn't strictly only LoL/D3 now.

I am NOT responsible for the rise of ODCS. I happened to be around during the apex of ODCS. I was but one of many former members and friends who made OD a special place to be during Counter-Strike's most popular years. ODCS was a great environment for making friends, playing with those friends, and trying to get better at the game. More than one team was appropriated with ambitions for CAL play. The team I lead was but one of many. Elegy had a great time playing with it's OD counter-parts, and experienced moderate success at best. We were, unfortunately, removed from contention by one of our members cheating, which is something that I find regrettable to this day. Sadly, my time with ODCS did not persist beyond this years, and it seems to have fallen out of favor. However, a great time was had by all who participated when this game was pertinent to OD,

The best part about forums is they capture the feelings and thoughts of the people involved in a topic, retaining it in perfect clarity for as long as the forum continues to exist.

You can go back and see how happy members are during triumphant moments, how angry they are during drama moments, everything to express every experience, the forum perfectly preserves every moment.

A pity they are falling into disuse for gaming clans in modern times.

The rise of ODCS is mainly from: TheWalker(OD), Gringo(OD), Drummer(OD) and BigBaller(OD)

These four individuals to my knowledge paid for our Counter-Strike Server and/or Ventrilo at the beginning of ODCS

We were just a bunch of members playing for fun usually custom maps / regular maps.

I used to host tournaments on a dedicated server, ODCS is actually the way how I moved up quickly.

We used to have our own Counter-Strike OD Website, if I don't recall I think we were started in OGL then moved to CAL.

Our Mirc channel used to be packed full of people, #overdosed...

A lot of stuff has changed, but that was 12 years ago..

#depressed, now...

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

I really hope our history department is keeping tallies of all the general's we had within the last 2 years ive been back.

I don't see them on History & hero's page.

OverDosed wouldn't be here without their dedication and I believe it should be valued..

I'm not too worried about our general's now, but I can take a look at all the commander's biography and achievements and they've have been updated but why not our generals..

Either we need to pick up the pages and give the generals that were once with us a proper resignation or just delete all the history period then if we're not going to idolize it.

Clan Overdosed back in 2002 is completely different than OverDosed 2015..

I dont see any achievements or a biography of any of our current generals, nor all the generals we've had for the past 6 years since Botooh(OD).

That is a stab a someone...fyi

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

I had planned on adding Generals soon now that I have more time since stepping away from Aion. I have finals until Thusday then I am off from College till the fall. Ill have a lot of time to add things. I will be adding what I know regarding Generals of this time and the History that Newbcrack provided me and some more current history.

Mike, you seem to have a lot of knowledge of past Generals. If you would like to help, construct a list of the past Generals that were influential and great in their time. I do not know anything of any of the past Generals really. It'll be nice to actually get some more work done on it.

By the way.... I hate posting from my phone lmao.