Sign in to follow this  
Rob(OD)

Forum Rules

Credit: OptimusMike

Let us know if you want anything added or changed.

Clan Overdosed's Forum Rules:

Created on August 1st, 2004 Last Revised on November 18, 2018

Q. What is this thread about?

A. This thread is about this forum's rules and regulations. This is what the moderators go by when locking/deleting/moving threads and posts.

Q. What if a rule isn't listed here?

A. Use common sense while posting, just because every little thing is not in these rules, does not mean if you know what you are doing is against the rules, does not make it not against the rules.

BASIC FORUM RULES:

1. Respect all posters, in Clan Overdosed or not. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, however once a person provides his opinion in a rude, "BM" like matter you gave up your right to posting your opinion on these forums. If a person decides to "BM" you, you do not have the right to "BM" them back, this creates a "BM war" and both parties will be punished no matter how severe the matter was.

2. Do not post senseless topics/posts. Such as "OMG OD IS DYING" or "WOW I GOT A DOLLAR IM SOO HAPPY!". You get the idea, post something that is worth reading, not worth complaining about how stupid you look. Topics and posts are encouraged to be "to the point" HOWEVER WE SHOULDN'T SEE POSTS AND TOPICS THAT HAVE 3 WORDS AND/OR 2 LETTERS. This shouldn't have to be explained, spamming is WRONG, and will be punished!

3. Please post in the correct forum. Such as "I just got a new dog, few pics here" does not belong in the "General Clan Discussion" Forum. Or "OMG I GOT DEMOTED" does not belong in the "Non Clan Related Discussion" Forum. I am sure you get the general idea behind this rule. Posts that relate to a achievement, such as having 365 days in the clan (one year), obtaining 1000 wins on your Overdosed account, being promoted to a new tier (group) of the clan (such as Enlisted to WO, WO to Officer and Officer to General) all relates to the clan. If you're going to post how many days you are in the clan, it should be when you achieve your one year and higher, such as 500 days and please at all cost have it in multiples of 5's. That means we should only be hearing about 365 days, 400 days, 500 days, not 533 days.

4. Make use of the forum's search feature. Before posting something you should always read other topics and/or use the search feature before posting a new topic to stop duplicate posting of the same matter.

5. Do not link people to potentially harmful and inappropriate links, doing so can have your forums account suspended. This means keep your links clean, no nudity, ect. you get the point!

6. Posting to gain "this or that" type of links. Things such as "Kings of Chaos" and those other web link based games are not allowed to be posted. If you want to display your link do so in your signature. If you do post such things you will find your post deleted and you can receive a warning on forums.

SIGNATURE AND AVATAR RULES:

1. All registered forum users are entitled to 100 kbs (kilo bytes) of text/images. This means you are not to have a avatar that is 150 kbs and a signature that is 375 kbs. You get 100 kbs per sig and avatar, such as 75 kb sig and 25 kb avatar will equal 100 kbs.

2. No signature image shall be bigger than 250 pixels in height. In addition, you are allowed to have 3 lines of text in your signature.

3. No signature will be allowed to "disrupt" the forums natural look. That means any signature will be removed that causes the forums to be misaligned in any thread/posts. What this means in plain English, anything that causes a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of a browser is wrong.

4. No user shall have offensive material located in their signature or avatar. This includes partial nudity and vulgar language.

Let's keep it clean, not everyone in this clan or on these forums are over the age of 18!

Looks great to me !!!

good job mike, one thing I'd might consider adding, is adding that sig's should not be animated.

Are our sig's not supposed to be animated?

And good job Mike and Rob

The rules look very similar to jsp's rules and they don't allow animated sig's only reason I suggested it

Edited by snicker66(OD)

I mean I see where you're going with it and I appreciate your input Snickers, but if you're not going to give me a reason besides, "JSP uses it" then I don't see why we should add it. Now if animated signatures are disruptive or breaking some type for signature rule then we could possibly add something, but so far I see no complaints about them at this moment.

Edited by Optimusmike(OD)

I mean I see where you're going with it and I appreciate your input Snickers, but if you're not going to give me a reason besides, "JSP uses it" then I don't see why we should add it. Now if animated signatures are disruptive or breaking some type for signature rule then we could possibly add something, but so far I see no complaints about them at this moment.

The only reason in my past history of being on forums, that animated signatures were banned were predominately because of their size. Of course, today, most people have dsl of some kind and most Dial up is ALMOST non existent. (Not entirely unfortunately.) And to help the users that still had dial up, animated signatures were banned. Ever tried to load a page with several animated signatures on Dial Up? Let me tell you.. it sucks ass. Lol. I don't see a good enough reason personally to ban animated signatures.

In my personal experiance animated sigs have causes my windows xp pc huge problums when looking at forum topics; thats why when im using that computer I dont check the forum. Thats just my personal experiance. Thats why I also feel we should not allow animated signatures. Thanks for the reply Mike ^^

In my personal experiance animated sigs have causes my windows xp pc huge problums when looking at forum topics; thats why when im using that computer I dont check the forum. Thats just my personal experiance. Thats why I also feel we should not allow animated signatures. Thanks for the reply Mike ^^

That's most likely something on your side, but if more people have this issue we will need to do something about it.

That's most likely something on your side, but if more people have this issue we will need to do something about it.

I agree. Not to single you out Snicks or anything.. but if only 1 member of the forums has an issue, I don't really see that it's fair for everyone to change their signatures. Something we could find out.. is maybe make a public poll and just see what everyone thinks if that is really something we would like to investigate. I honestly don't see this kind of issue being major with more than a small handful of people though. And like Rob said, that kind of sounds like something on your end. I'm not against making this a rule, however if it's only a minority that feels this, then I don't think it should be enacted.

The only reason in my past history of being on forums, that animated signatures were banned were predominately because of their size. Of course, today, most people have dsl of some kind and most Dial up is ALMOST non existent. (Not entirely unfortunately.) And to help the users that still had dial up, animated signatures were banned. Ever tried to load a page with several animated signatures on Dial Up? Let me tell you.. it sucks ass. Lol. I don't see a good enough reason personally to ban animated signatures.

That's exactly right. If someone got problems about this, we can guide them as to how to disable the .gif animated images directly within their local browsers, so they don't have to worry about it, that way we can fix it for those with old computers or slow connections without affecting the rest of us.

okie dokie guys

Yea I'm almost to a point where I'm going to disable seeing sigs on my personal forum viewing. I just like the mobile viewer were it's to the point. As for the rules I really like the updates but would prefer them being shortened when they can be. We don't need 3 examples for one rule.

Aka rule 3

Yea I'm almost to a point where I'm going to disable seeing sigs on my personal forum viewing. I just like the mobile viewer were it's to the point. As for the rules I really like the updates but would prefer them being shortened when they can be. We don't need 3 examples for one rule.

Aka rule 3

Yeah I get what you mean frank, I believe the amount of examples are relevant to make it "Stupid Proof", because we all know there is "That guy" that definitely fits some of those examples.

Just a question, wasn't Tris offended by Rob's signature? Now that..is an irony, eh? lol.

Sign in to follow this