Sign in to follow this  
DriftThis(OD)

Favorite Quotes

Not so much a quote, but more so a funny exchange in a game I play that is now a favorite of mine.

• [21:05:17] Avail: ok this is getting weird now
  • [21:06:42] Avail: im upgrading my temple but im not getting more priests to put into it
  • [21:06:50] Avail: that or it isnt even upgrading at the end of it
  • [21:26:48] DarkHelmet: You have citizens available in the town?
  • [22:50:17] Avail: im so stupid! thats why!
  • [04:14:07] king23: he didnt have citizens lol

To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of undiscovered truth lie before me.

-- Sir Isaac Newton

"Power corrupts, and absolute power, corrupts absolutely." -Orwell

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?

Rick: If I gave you any thought I probably would.

Casablanca.

Say that in response to that question and you will own that persons soul. 

This quote holds a special place for me, so i've included the video link for those of you who don't watch Doctor Who, this may get you interested, its just pure awesomeness!

Okay then. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll tell you a story. Can you hear them? All these people who lived in terror of you and your judgment. All these people whose ancestors devoted themselves — sacrificed themselves — *to you*. Can you hear them singing? Oh, you like to think you’re a *God*. Well, you’re not a God — you’re just a parasite, eaten out with jealous, envy, and longing for the lives of others. You *feed* on them. On the memory of love, and loss, and birth, and death, and joy, and sorrow…so…SO…come on then, take mine. Take. My. Memories. But I hope you’ve got a big appetite. Because I have lived a LONG life, and I have seen a *few* things. I walked away from the last Great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the *birth* of the universe and I watched as time RAN OUT, moment by moment, until NOTHING remained — NO TIME, NO SPACE, *JUST ME*! I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a *mad* man. And I’ve watched universes freeze, and creation *burn* — I have seen things you WOULDN’T *BELIEVE* AND I HAVE *LOST* THINGS YOU WILL *NEVER* UNDERSTAND — and I know things. Secrets that must never be told. *Knowledge* that must NEVER be *SPOKEN*! KNOWLEDGE THAT WILL MAKE. PARASITE.GODS. *BLAZE*! SO *COME* ON, THEN!!! TAKE IT!!!! TAKE IT ALL, BABY!!!!! HAVE IT! YOU. HAVE. IT. ALL!!!!!!!!!!

The Doctor...

"Do not fear the man who has practiced a thousand different punches, rather Fear the man who has practiced a single punch one thousand times." - Bruce Lee

On 9/25/2016 at 11:32 PM, CompFreak(OD) said:

"Do not fear the man who has practiced a thousand different punches, rather Fear the man who has practiced a single punch one thousand times." - Bruce Lee

good one

oh wow very old topic...hehe i got my fav.... 

"Sometimes there aren't enough rocks" -Forest Gump

Kill it with fire, The best way to unwant something

Sometimes you're flush, and sometimes you're bust.  When you're up it never seems like it's good enough, and when you are bust... Well it seems like you're never gonna be up again.  But life goes on. -- Fred Jung, from the movie Blow starring Johnny Depp.

Also, call me narcissistic but I really like some of my own songs that I've written and the chorus's involved.

"You can get caught out in that storm, but don't sit around to wait for better weather.  This world is full of these unknowns, and that's why we have to stick together.  Words are stronger than sticks and stones, so don't never ever stay at a whisper.  While we are singing in these different tones, lets let the good times take us swifter." 

"Life goes on, times get better, they said up ahead you know it's better weather.  Life goes on, well so they say, that it'll get better for me someday."  

Both off my album Choices, Chances, and Better Weather. 

“Everyone thinks that courage is about facing death without flinching. But almost anyone can do that. Almost anyone can hold their breath and not scream for as long as it takes to die. 

True courage is about facing life without flinching. I don't mean the times when the right path is hard, but glorious at the end. I'm talking about enduring the boredom, the messiness, and the inconvenience of doing what is right.

~Amber” 
 Robin Hobb, The Mad Ship

“Life’s a garden; dig it.” -Joe Dirte

"gmta"  Great minds think alike!