corgur(OD)

Favorite Band, Movie, music

Use this topic to share and discuss your favorite music, bands, and movies. Please do not make new topics on this subject in the main Water Cooler section, or they may be deleted, locked, or moved, or you may be banned. DO NOT post here if you have questions or disagreements about this thread; please contact me privately. Thanks.

Tool is the bestest band ever to live.

And for all you from Ohio, they are coming back! They had a concert planned on September 12, 2001, but since of 9/11 it was cancelled and I didn't get any refund. We haven't had the chance to see them since then. They are going to be @ the US Bank Arena, baby.

Guest Ghostd(OD)

I think this topic is good in theory but not very good in the long run.

Why force all discussion into one topic?

In that case, we can dissolve the forums into just 5-10 topics, with generalized resitrictions on them.

" in this thread, post anything about the clan"

"In this thread, post anything about squads"

" in this thread, post anything about graphics"

At what point did everyone think they needed to moderate the off topic forums so heavily?

Just leave them unmoderated and let shit happen.

Thats why it should be the water cooler.

A loosely defined place to post whatever you want that doesnt belong anywhere else.

Once you start creating specific topics and places and ways to post in the water cooler, it loses its essence of actually being the water cooler.

I created this topic because I've seen posts asking "What's your favorite music?" flamed and locked in the past with people respoding "This is old" or "This is the 5th post about this". I personally don't see any problem with favorite music topics coming up every month or so, but it seems that other people do, so I figured making this topic would be the best solution.

Creating this thread is different from dissolving the clan into 5-10 topics because people generally don't complain about other threads being made.

My favorite band is the Doors!

all time favorite band: Tool or System of a Down

current band overplayed on my ipod : Children Of Bodom

offspring ftw...

Also The Street is a funny group bcuz they have accents lol...

the doors are good but I prefer bands that can come out with new stuff...

some bands that I'm in love with atm...

The Shins

Muse

Jet

Arctic Monkeys

The Bees

The Flaming Lips

:X

too many good bands out there, and I like so many different styles of music, including rock, rap, country, jazz, and more :\

favorite studio albums currently

Nymphetamine- Cradle Of Filth

Are You Dead Yet? -Children of bodom

Toxiticy- SOAD

Anenima-Tool

HateBreeder-Children Of Bodom

Woot, another doors fan in the house.

I'm kinda sad, we have no good bands out like we did in the 60's, I mean we had the Stones, Beetles, Doors, The Band, Eric Clapton, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.

Now what do we have? My Chemical Romance?

:P

The last Chili Peppers album was GODLY. I don't care what anyone says. If you play and record music like I do you can appreciate the studio quality and effort they put into that cd. ITs flawless and the sound is amazing.

The Shins

Arctic Monkeys

Same here.

Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Weezer, Eric Clapton, Simon and Garfunkel, Steve Vai, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, AC/DC, The Pixies, 311, Modest Mouse, The Who, Bob Dylan, Black Sabbath, Ataris, Air, Arctic Monkeys, John Petrucci, The Beatles, John Lennon, Cat Stevens, Carpenters, Mötley Crue, Radiohead, Poisen, Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Paul McCartney, John Mayer, The Shins, Incubus, Guns N' Roses, The Subways, Immortal Technique, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Daft Punk, Death Cab For Cutie, etc.

1. The Beatles

2. Arctic Monkeys

3. Led Zeppelin

4. The Shins / Weezer

5. John Lennon / Bob Dylan

third eye blind is the shit

Third Eye Blind is actually a stellar band. If you look at all their songs, a huge majority of them were hits.

I like Lazytown. It's like music sing-a-long tv show.. I love 2 of out of the many songs: Pirate song & Cake song! :)

Here's the link for the song "Cake song" on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-azqXygCzO8

P.S. Seriously, I like this song and the pirate song! No Joke! :) Enjoy..

Third Eye Blind is actually a stellar band. If you look at all their songs, a huge majority of them were hits.

In the U.S.? I can think of a few that were hits.

I put on Semi-Charmed Life the other day at a party just cause I knew no one would ever think to choose that song from the iTunes. Everyone was like "Holy shit, Third Eye Blind, good choice." I was drunk and thought it would be funny, but it ended up being appreciated by everyone lol.

Bands I'm listening to constantly:

1. NoFX. It really might be an addiction. I'm always listening to NoFX like I can't get enough for the past 2 years. All day at work when I'm mowing lawns and shit, its all that plays on my iPod.

2. Alkaline Trio. I've liked them for a while but lately I've expanded my 2 album collection to a 5 album collection. Very good 3 piece band, highly recommended.

3. Junction 18. Band from my hometown. Brand New, A New Found Glory, and Senses Fail used to open shows for them before those bands made it. Junction 18 is way better than most bands, but like everyone else from my town, they gave up.

Anyone like any of these? I recommend them all. What are other people listening to a lot these days.

The Shins

Arctic Monkeys

Same here.

Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Weezer, Eric Clapton, Simon and Garfunkel, Steve Vai, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, AC/DC, The Pixies, 311, Modest Mouse, The Who, Bob Dylan, Black Sabbath, Ataris, Air, Arctic Monkeys, John Petrucci, The Beatles, John Lennon, Cat Stevens, Carpenters, Mötley Crue, Radiohead, Poisen, Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Paul McCartney, John Mayer, The Shins, Incubus, Guns N' Roses, The Subways, Immortal Technique, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Daft Punk, Death Cab For Cutie, etc.

1. The Beatles

2. Arctic Monkeys

3. Led Zeppelin

4. The Shins / Weezer

5. John Lennon / Bob Dylan

Led Zepplin, S & M, Avenged Sevenfold :)

Movies :

Donnie Darko, Lord of War, Garden State, City of God, Reservoir Dogs, Dazed and Confused, The Deer Hunter, American History X, The U.S vs John Lennon

quoted me from another thread :)

but yeah

Led Zeppelin, Metallica rocks but you cant beat their S&M album, Avenged Sevenfold is an amazing band, great composition in their music and all very talented musicians

also enjoy some Pearl Jam, Oasis, a few Radio Head songs, Pink Floyd, Collective Soul, Tool, System of a Down, any good rock, not much new stuff, avenged sevenfold is the only real new stuff that I really enjoy, that and the new Pearl Jam songs that are out from the vinyl album they put out.

oh oh, and Live, such a great band, i gotta find some cd's from them, haven't heard them in a while.

Movies:

Lord of War, Tommy Boy, Underworld, Van Hellsing, The Emperors New Groove, Click, Shawshank Redemption, The Pianist, V for Vendetta, 300, The Prestige, Batman Begins, Bulletproof Monk, Equilibrium

Anyone here like Nirvana?

Anyone here like Nirvana?

I like Kurt Cobain... He was basically Nirvana.... The other members weren't really special.

I'm just going to copy what I have in my Facebook profile, since it's a lot quicker than retyping everything.

Bands:

Death Cab For Cutie, The Get Up Kids, Motion City Soundtrack, Ben Folds, Counting Crows, Straylight Run, Elton John, Frou Frou, Imogen Heap, Freezepop, The Postal Service, Chris Thile, Nickel Creek, Shane and Shane, Minus the Bear, Limbeck, John Mayer, Iron & Wine, Hot Rod Circuit, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Bright Eyes, Sufjan Stevens, The Appleseed Cast, Joanna Newsom, Rilo Kiley, Moneen, Rocky Votolato, Cat Power, Deb Talan, For Stars, Matt the Electrician, Devendra Banhart, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Rachael Yamagata, Rosie Thomas, Eastmountainsouth, The Velvet Teen, Diana Krall, Headlights, The Hold Steady, Kaki King, Of Montreal, Joni Mitchell, Laura Veirs, Alison Krauss and Union Station, Dave Barnes, Emmylou Harris, Indigo Girls, The Terrible Twos

I've been listening to Ryan Adams' album, "Easy Tiger" on repeat since it came out. It's insanely good.

Movies:

Big Fish, Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Pianist, The Fox and the Hound, Garden State, Finding Neverland, Good Will Hunting, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Little Miss Sunshine, Pan's Labyrinth, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka

Books (music AND bands felt sort of redundant):

Haroun and the Sea of Stories, Anna Karenina, His Dark Materials (Trilogy), A Heartbreaking Tale of Staggering Genius, You Shall Know Our Velocity, The Kite Runner, Pride and Prejudice, Shalimar the Clown: A Novel, A Wish for Wings that Work, The Handmaid's Tale, Midnight's Children, The Brothers Karamazov, Lord of the Rings (trilogy), The Chronicles of Narnia (septilogy?!), The Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, One Hundred Years of Solitude, The Sun Also Rises, Grendel, A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier

Mani, the Kite Runner and Pride and Prejudice were both amazing books.

Updated Bands:

Wolfmother

Cold War Kids

I'm not gonna bother posting all the usual stuff that EVERYONE likes.

Books:

Into Thin Air, Catch 22,

I've read Into Thin Air a few times. John Krakauer, right? Good book. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller is also a favorite of mine.

You should read Brideshead Revisited. Its a classic.

Updated Bands (From Facebook):

Wolfmother, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Third Eye Blind, Average White Band, Herbie Hancock, The Bad Plus, Ben Folds, B.B. King, John Scofield, Jackson 5, Counting Crows, Guster, Phish, John Mayer, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Harvey Mason, Dave Brubeck, Monk, Keith Jarret, Vince Guaraldi, James Blunt, Cold War Kids, The Police, A Tribe Called Quest, Lupe Fiasco, Art Blakey, Bill Evans, Stan Getz, Charlie Byrd, Horace Silver, Blink 182, Gipsy Kings, The Hives, Earth Wind & Fire, Parliament, Commodores, Isaac Hayes, John Williams, Sugar Ray, Jimi Hendrix, Branch, more to come

Favorite Movie: Memento

Edited by Studmuffin(OD)