Sign in to follow this  
R.agnarok(OD)

IA Requests.

You can only request IA when you are unable to log for a period of time, with a max. of 2 months, unless you are going for basic training.

Requesting IA because of school, life issues, clan issues, etc, won't be allowed anymore. If you are worried about your rank because any of this reasons, you need to talk to a General that have the same main game as yours to avoid it. Even so, it will be at their discretion if you keep/lose your rank.

If you are IA right now and happen to fall down into some of this reasons, then we expect you to remove your IA as soon as possible.

I don't get it. Sorry. ^_^ The purpose, the reason. Why? Not making any sense to me. It wasn't good before?

I don't get it. Sorry. ^_^ The purpose, the reason. Why? Not making any sense to me. It wasn't good before?

If you are refering to my post, well...you can read the topic on Gen's only forums, all reasons are pretty much explained there.

r.ag could you give us some of the reasons as to why this new rule has been implemented? u dont have to tell us the in-depth stuff that goes on in the gens-only, but a light explanation would be nice :]

Because IA requests were made for people who can't physically log into the website for a definite amount because of a vacation, no internet access, etc. They weren't tailored for people to say, "Sorry guys. I need some time away from the clan, but I can still log into the website."

Edited by .thigus(OD)

oh okay, thanks for the explanation thigus. i wasn't aware that people were posting IA's just to get time away from the clan.

I don't get it. Sorry. :o The purpose, the reason. Why? Not making any sense to me. It wasn't good before?

If you are refering to my post, well...you can read the topic on Gen's only forums, all reasons are pretty much explained there.

I did, still confused.

Jonas, I just posted the reason why. :o

Yes, yes I read it. But even thou they weren't made for "time outs", they were used that way and everthing was fine. Why not leave it that way? Just because it was intended for an other use?

Yes, yes I read it. But even thou they weren't made for "time outs", they were used that way and everthing was fine. Why not leave it that way? Just because it was intended for an other use?

My point is, if you want to discuss this, we got a whole forum section for Generals to do that. This is the public forums, we announce shit here after being discussed there.

And yeah, for the ones that asked, read thigus post.

well, you never know whether you have internet connection at where you're going to for vacation. so, if you log in just to check if everything is ok, once, during vacation, we get demoted to s.s or a mwo5? (depending on rank)

If you DO log in, its no harm no foul. However, if you go somewhere full well knowing that you are going to have internet accessibility, then its a different story. This isn't to stop people from posting who are leaving, but to stop people who are posting and not going anywhere.

It's really not that difficult to understand..

IA requests are so you dont DSL out...if youre gonna be logging in you wont be DSLing out..so you dont need an ia

if youre an active part of your division..make a post in that divisions forum section saying "hey guys..im gonna be away from the game for a few days"

and bigman..if you are ia and you log in everyday and are on the forums everyday..and even on the game almost everyday..youll get demoted

oh okay, thanks for the explanation thigus. i wasn't aware that people were posting IA's just to get time away from the clan.

Not only that, but they were posting IA's to get time away from the clan, and then not even staying away from the clan. People were posting IA's and then still gaming, promoting, and chatting on vent/the servers.

No, everything wasn't fine -- people were posting IA's and using that as a reason not to be involved on some levels, but then still, for example, promoting even though they didn't know what was going on in their division. And also see what I said to China above.

well, you never know whether you have internet connection at where you're going to for vacation. so, if you log in just to check if everything is ok, once, during vacation, we get demoted to s.s or a mwo5? (depending on rank)

That's a different situation -- if you go on vacation, then it's for a set amount of time, and presumably you wouldn't be gaming or spending much time with the clan during that. So if you end up having occasional internet access, it's not a problem if you log on once or twice, and in fact it's a good idea to check and make sure everything is ok. The problem is when you're not actually going out of town, or on vacation, and you're not actually inactive, but you're just on the IA list.

So lets say your a staff sergeant and post IA b/c of school...But obv. since you cant really get demoted would u get in trouble for that...if you get what im saying.

Of course Staff Sgts can get demoted . Who the hell said they couldnt?

So lets say your a staff sergeant and post IA b/c of school...But obv. since you cant really get demoted would u get in trouble for that...if you get what im saying.

Yes, you would get in trouble for that. And while staff sergeants actually can't get demoted, they can get disabled. What you wouldn't get in trouble for, as a SS, is just going inactive b/c of school without going on the IA list, and just logging in regularly while being inactive.

Of course Staff Sgts can get demoted . Who the hell said they couldnt?

Manually!!! i know the site will demote them,but like an officer is what i was referring to.

Every rank can get demoted wtf are you talking about?

Every rank can get demoted wtf are you talking about?

I dont see "Staff Sergeant" in my drop-down list when I click on "Demote Member" . . . do you? Anyway, point is that even if you did have that in your drop-down list, the website would automatically re-promote anyone with > 28 days in clan to staff sergeant after you demoted them.