FireBabe

How did you find out about OD?

well my story is SUPER long(been in like 9 clans im a ###### hahahah) but a friend of mine from school AkA Cyla(OD) joined and i started just randomly hanging around the channel till darkphoenix offered to recruit me if i rushed his d2 char....yes thats right i did in fact start out on bnet hahahaha....now im a CS player

I think i saw Mahal in a game -- and was invited to channel then he asked me what items i had and improperly recruited me 400+51 days ago so it was fun

Then i rose all the way to brig quit for 51 days

came back at wo1 and now am captain

My cuz who lied (thought) he was in OD and lied (maybe thought) Zeho was the clan leader and his best friend and "recruited" me. I was told im not really in the clan, and a crappy member named Dog(OD) tests me.

Followed spam bots in clan recruitment.

We were messing around with small clans that required tryouts of some sort. We'd screw up our names(ie: "(ST)IAMTHELEADER") ... backstab our clan mates.. "remove" members from the clan... stuff like that. Most of them were day 1 'High ranks still available if you join!!!!' type clans so we decided to look for a bigger, sustainable source of entertainment. Then comes OD. Massive clan where you can screw with a limitless supply of newbs that spam bots bring in + quite a few 'interesting' members already in the clan + other like minded people to enjoy the funnies with.

Alright to be perfectly honest with you guys I never intended to join OverDosed at all I flooded it.My clan was darkstar I was a general and they sent me into OverDosed to spy on you guys.ChoBo caught me disabled me...I got back in and slipknot changed my name so ChoBo wouldnt notice again.Bad times were happening in DarkStar the leaders were crappy and were immature lots of people flooded us and hacked our site.One day the clan collapses total destruction I got a site up with a few other leaders from DarkStar Scraped up our members and started but we were hacked again and we stayed down......I was still in OverDosed logging in watching how it worked and it amazed me of the teamwork of the generals .I reached the rank finally of Sergeant Major and decided to give Clan OverDosed a whirl and here I am now a 3* general and I had no intention of joining OverDosed I was called to by our main leader.Funny isn't one day your trying to spy on a clan the next your general of that clan and loving OD.I met alot of people in OverDosed made alot of good friends better than the ones in DarkStar.Well thats my true story....

Let see it all begins... (please don't hurt me if its long) about two years ago. I was a bit sloppy at StarCraft but I just played a lot of Map Setting games. I hung out with a few people that RPed a lot (I still remember their accounts too) and we stayed liked that for a while. Sooner after one of my friends decided that we become a clan or RPers on StarCraft. At the time I thought it was "cool" so I was in. We named the clan RP_ , and raked in hundreds of players. Well after a while the leaders of it became sloppy and careless... so one day everyone just left. This left me without a play to go (game with others). So I searched the Recruiting channel. As always it was overruned by spam bots, so I choose a bot and I applied for the clan. Well this went off for the next several months. Each clan I had applied for either had a leader problem, careless members, not active enough, war mongering, extremly bad website, absolutly bad gamers, terrible rules, hackers, bad ranking system, and a whole lot more I could name. So one day I found a clan that seemed promising, a clan that was well balanced and treated their members right; so I applied for that. I was brought in the clan DarkAngel (thought it was OverDosed huh :D ). This clan was everything I looked for until... one day all of the sudden the clan went into a shut down and was never back up. So I was once again left without a clan. I started to become bored with StarCraft so I switched over to Diablo 2:LoD. I applied for a clan named Celtic Steel (most famous past puriest clan). Everything was good, nice members ; small but trust worthy, and none of them never hacked. Well one day I way getting ready to move and so I posted a notice in the forums. Several months later I fine that it was diassembled and sooner became clan SteelWind. I thought it would be the same but it wasn't... (sigh)... so once again I was left without a clan. One day I was serfing the channel and I saw a bot in the Recruiting channel. And I went to the channel and it was clan OverDosed, SuperSkills(OD) recruited me and that about it.

(Please don't hurt me if it was 'too' long.)

For the sake of those who had to read the entertaining yet long posts....

Spam BOT!

mine was most unique. Battle.net forums. K thx. BTW Firebabe could u change my avatar thing again. I had like 450 posts and then got it reset again, thx i would appriciate it.

Ok, my story: I bought starcraft becuaes i went to my cousin's house in houston. (TX) I watched him and was fasicnated ( since i had never boughten a computer game before) Remember, sc is pretty old, i was little ^^. SOooo, i go home, and by it. I played it for 6 months, got bored. As it was my only game.... i un-gotbored, when i found MULTIPLAYER! thats right! we got 56k! instead of nothing at all! so i played multiplayer for 1 year, then decided i wanted to get real good. I found the gamesites 200, and saw overdosed. ( guess that does help huh?) I went to the channel, and said: can somebody recruite me? for 10 minutes, and everybody ignored me. THen chobo(OD) came as outlaw, and tested me out, which he promptly owned me. Then i trained real hard... all summer.. by the end of the summer, i could beat everybody in our clan. Including caff. Then... gay dx2... i lost all my skill... now... outwar, gunbound , ragnarok, violin, psat, is all i do. I get on starcraft often though ^^.

For some reason, i ALWAYS see dgreenbud in the channel, hes like, the most active person on bnet, no joke.

Guest Vortex

I started off on bnet on Starcraft:Broodwar under the name vortex_warrior in 1998. I played broodwar only when my friends were on and at that time I only played money maps. My friends eventually got into diablo2 when it came out and I got hooked on that game for 2+ years under the name vortex_warrior. My friends eventually quit that game and got into FPS's. I played hardcore for a bit but during my d2 hardcore period my mom stole my diablo2 cd and wouldn't give it back to me for a few weeks/months? can't remember. Anyway I thirsted for bnet so I decided to play Starcraft:Broodwar again in March 2003. I got back on my vortex_warrior name and played 400+ games on melee BGH games/maps. Those were exciting times because I was learning the precious power of macro, and I had met many very good BGH players such as Dark~Messiah. Through such players I heard of a channel full of BGH "gosus" called Motel. I decided to visit there and played over 2000+ games on tvb BGH with the motelers. I became extremely good friends with them, however I realized that I was getting better then any of them and went searching for more competition. I found clan x17 from someone in motel who had been smurfing there and owned the living ###### out of me. His name was 311[fe], and he was to be a member of my first ever bnet team. I played many games in clan x17 but I seemed to lose most of them because my strat for the most part was dt - pvt and pvp, and pvz I used to try and rush them and if that failed I would quit. I had finally decided I was good enough to join [fe] = (Flesh Eaterz, which is being resurrected in the summer). I tried out and got lucky through a dt rush and beat him. My next tryout was versus his friend 187hp. It was pvp and decided to rush him. I won that as well through shear luck. I then became TwIsTeD[fe]. I trained hard on that name but what I soon realized was the [fe] was dead before I had joined. So I quit that but still posted on their forums. I repeatedly tried to join JiN and eventually JinXiN felt bad for me and let me in. I became JiNVortex. During my days in JiN I became extremely hardworking and started learning strategies and hotkeys. I also found out about www.wgtour.com during this time, a site which I would only much later register and start playing on. I quit JiN because some of my friends like JiNStealth, JiNLoki were quitting and forming a new team: FliP). I decided to follow them and became FliP)TwIsTeD. It was a very satisfying time in my broodwar career. The problem with FliP) however was it was dying because of internal affairs. I was desperately looking for a better team so I went back to clan x17. At the time I had many offers to join teams, however when I asked around the two best teams on east were NeO) and [x.1]. I first tried NeO) but was rejected because I didn't play wgtour. I then registered for that, under the name vortex_warrior. I then decided to tryout for [x.1]. I had seen Cygnus[x.1] in x17 many times and had secretly tried out at least 4 times for the team under different names. I was rejected all 4 times. The 5th time I tried out I decided to try and drop dt's in his base. It killed him. We then played 3 more games where I did similiar strategies (Cygnus wasn't very good at defending against dt's) and won all of them. I then joined [x.1] and it was a very good, active, mannered clan. I learned SOO much from joining [x.1] that I can't thank them enough. One day I was in Clan Recruitment and saw a spambot spamming OverDosed so I decided to go into your channel and check it out. At the time I was into showing off my "l33t" skillz against newbs. I played against like 6 of you and beat you all and was recruited and joined the same day. I joined as Vortex(OD). I was in clan for a long while before the people in [x.1] started to become suspicious. Finally the webmaster Fox[x.1] found out about me somehow and told me to leave (OD) or leave [x.1]. I left (OD) and the rest is history.

Ok that was incredibly 'long'. I didn't think everyone would go the same approach I did.

idk i heard about it like 2003 summer and then when i got back from 6 months in nebraska no internet :D i just joined the channel one day a couple months after i got back and omni said i could join :D

I found out from Vivid-Edge(OD) because he was hella bragging about his high rank and stuff in Overdosed back in 7th grade during technology class. He used to log in every day and recruited his friend T-mac(OD). I thought the site was pretty cool and eventually he convinced me that Starcraft was a fun game (I wasn't a big fan of RTS games back then) and I bought the game. It was really fun and I was really good for a newbie so he recruited me into Overdosed. In fact, you can say Clan Overdosed got me hooked onto online gaming because I got cable just to own Vivid (stupid netzero would close every time i open a game).

OD was my first and only clan! I went to yahoo and search diablo 2 clan. All the clans i saw were crappy until i got to Clan OverDosed.

I met Barf like early 2003 and owned him wit zealot corsair rush lol then got recruited and quit bw left 3 times but now back for good =) im not going to leave put to much into d2 :D

Edited by OnlyHuman

SinfulEra and Gnome , mainly sinful.

bck when we were big time d2x east players, he would say he had to go, that their was a meeting, or a forum thing hewas checking, or just on 'aim' , i didnt kno whut ne of this was[ never being in a clan befor ] , so i joined!, jon wasnt of rank to recruit..and tko tested me for shraps [back in the day of the recruiting council]

Meh, Blue_Knight(OD), one of my best friends in real life, told me about it, cuz he knows i like joining clans, I don't even remember me getting tested, but i remember being good on the CS server and everyone liking me till this day :D but........ yeah...........

-Steve

I saw a public game on hunters called OD recruitment (it was a long time ago), joined it and got in.

Followed spam bots in clan recruitment.

We were messing around with small clans that required tryouts of some sort. We'd screw up our names(ie: "(ST)IAMTHELEADER") ... backstab our clan mates.. "remove" members from the clan... stuff like that. Most of them were day 1 'High ranks still available if you join!!!!' type clans so we decided to look for a bigger, sustainable source of entertainment. Then comes OD. Massive clan where you can screw with a limitless supply of newbs that spam bots bring in + quite a few 'interesting' members already in the clan + other like minded people to enjoy the funnies with.

And how :D Noting like spelling out "LOL" with pylons in a clan match then leaving :D

Then I found a pub game called "Clan Recruiting" or something hosted by ex.Soldier and he made me beat a couple of noobs before he let me in so I decided maybe I'd stay around a bit longer :D

BTW I stand by my earlier statements (way earlier i.e. when I was a general) that spam bots and top 200 sites suck and are evil and only hurt clans in the end :D Gogo massive BM/noob recruit flood!!!~ For Great Justice~!!!

Thank you, I'm done! :D

Guest prof-x
And how  :D Noting like spelling out "LOL" with pylons in a clan match then leaving :D

Then I found a pub game called "Clan Recruiting" or something hosted by ex.Soldier and he made me beat a couple of noobs before he let me in so I decided maybe I'd stay around a bit longer  :D

BTW I stand by my earlier statements (way earlier i.e. when I was a general) that spam bots and top 200 sites suck and are evil and only hurt clans in the end  :D Gogo massive BM/noob recruit flood!!!~ For Great Justice~!!!

Thank you, I'm done! :D

You had to beat a couple of noobs? Suicide? :D

BTW I stand by my earlier statements (way earlier i.e. when I was a general) that spam bots and top 200 sites suck and are evil and only hurt clans in the end  :D Gogo massive BM/noob recruit flood!!!~ For Great Justice~!!!

Move Every ZIGGY!

I wanted to join a clan and i went searching for one on the internet. I was deciding between either clan overdosed or clan Dark Angels. Chose OverDosed.

Aiea_Dakine(OD)

well mine isnt as exciting as all of the others but it started out by i had sc and bw but i never was into online play then when war3 came out i was hooked to warcraft something i was good at, so i joined this clan called clan Ancient Ones, it was aprettybig clan at the time being over 130 members and it was a bw clan but there were a good select few members that played war3 and when i was in it i check the diplomacy page and saw overdosed, and then i went to the sight and i read about ur history and i thought it was pretty kewl how od was formed so then i joined the forums and started to get to kno some of you and then i was in clan Ao for about 200+ days then it died due to political power struggles and inactivity so when it died all my war3 friends split up and i havent found any of them to this day but i went to od right after wards and i tried joining but no one was ever on so i tried talkin on the forums to find peeps and like i said i really never found anyone then about 6 months ago i had gone through many war3 clans and it wasnt the thang for me it just would get inactive then die, so i tried od again and then thats when i met quack, and hehe he couldnt make a game so i had to like wait a month just for someone to get on so he could test me, and thanks to timber i am now here and tryin to help out odwc, now i kno i have bored all of you into a coma so i will take my leave.peace-Adam

Guest BlanK(OD)

i remember some members talking in a public channel about od stuff, when i was in a clan under BlanK-x21. Heh, if i knew i was going to end up in od eventualy when i saw you guys start i woulda came here =[ Infact i think i passed by in the channel once or twice =]

Just to think i could of been there, gave up what i had in x-21 and be here from the begining =\

Edited by BlanK(OD)

i first saw a OD member in a Public game so asked to join tat was 2 years ago :P but then i got shoted down by FireBabe Caffeine and DragonBlade for recruitment oh well after 2 years i'm in Clan :P